We support two mechanisms of connecting to our service, Registration and secondly SIP Peering. If connecting via Registration your handset or phone system requires a UserName (the phone number) and Password to authenticate to our network.
- Account Password: You can if you choose re-use your account password as a global password for all your registered handsets.
- Restricted Lines: Restrict Line you are setting a password against each phone number.
- Log into your Account and go to Switchboard.
- Select your Number.
- Select Profile.
- Enable "Restricted" (Restricting a line enables you to set a password against a line).
- Supply Password (passwords must be minimum 8 characters, have an upper and lower case character and a number).
- Click Save to update settings.
Configure your phone
We recommend using your phones Web UI to set the details below.
- Account DID: [see Welcome email].
- Password: Of your choice.
- Proxy: phone.broadconnect.com.au
- Ports: 5060